[TenTec] Question for techies

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Question for techies
From: John Rippey <w3uls73@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 15:47:21 -0400
I notice a comment by the first Eagle reviewer on eHam.net that the DNR
feature was unimpressive.

Similar comments have been made about the DNR feature in the Kenwood TS-590,
including it continues the (to me awful) SPAC
setup of the TS-570.

On the other hand, Icom's 7700 and 7600 seem to provide the best DNR
iteration so far, based on the comments I've seen. Yaesu, as usual, seems to
lag behind in the effectiveness of its various DNR iterations. So, why does
it seem so difficult for manufacturers (other than Icom) to get DNR right in
a DSP environmnent? Is it the cost of the hardware, firmware, software
engineers, or what?

73,

John, W3ULS