[TenTec] What Model Ten-Tec Rig Do I Need ?

To: TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] What Model Ten-Tec Rig Do I Need ?
From: "John Westerlage" <john@n5dwi.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 17:53:20 -0700
I hope someone on the list can advise me.

I'm a CW only op.  I've used the 50W TenTec Century 21 for years.
It was already used when I bought it.  With its full breakin,
it's been a joy to use in high speed operaton.

But, ... it's beginning to show its age in several ways.  And I have a
friend that I've promised to give it to if I find a suitable
replacement.

I'm not interested in voice or digital modes, and I consider such
circuitry to be an unnecessary expense, not to mention the deleterious
effect it has on CW operation.

I understand the Corsair II was also a CW op's dream rig, despite
the voice stuff.

So, what TenTec rig, if any, do I move on to?

Do any of the current TenTec offerings have what I'm looking for - full
breakin,
or do I have to go back to my roots and start home brewing all my rigs?

I truly don't mean to step on any toes with my comments, I'm just asking
about
what appeals to me personally, old curmudgeon that I am.

Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.

vy 73 de john