[TenTec] OT: Indoor antenna

To: TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] OT: Indoor antenna
From: "John B. Egger" <john_egger@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2010 16:56:59 -0500
A friend (a Tech+) with an Icom 718 and a manual MFJ tuner will have to
use an indoor antenna due to restrictions. I'm trying to help her get on
40 meter HF. I was going to try simply a wire with a ground
counterpoise, but I'm not sure what length to use. I think there are
some principles about best lengths, and those to avoid, but don't
remember what they are. Any help, or links elsewhere? Googling "amateur
radio indoor antenna" gave some ideas, but nothing about this question
of lengths.

--
---John K3GHH
Registered Linux User #291592