Re: [TenTec] TenTec Product Status Update

To: Ten-Tec Reflector <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec Product Status Update
From: Rick W <ve7tk@yahoo.ca>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 12:26:29 -0800 (PST)
Great news!!!!   Thanks for keeping us all up to date!

 73,
Rick
VE7TK

Website: http://www.ve7tk.com

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TenTec Product Status Update
From: "Henry, John" <jhenry@tentec.com>

Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 13:35:28 -0500

In order to help keep our customers up to date with what is going on
within TenTec, I'm posting the following:

----------

2 - Orion 565 Firmware Update - Now that the Eagle is maturing to a
more stable baseline, I am restarting the efforts on the Orion 565
Firmware Update process. This release is intended to resolve a few
known issues, and to get to a baseline that performs best for
contesting. This means that some changes may not be exactly as per
desire of some casual users, but the main purpose of the Orion and
Orion II are to provide the best contesting rigs that TenTec can
offer, so that original philosophy will remain in tact for this coming
upgrade. Goal is to have the beta group informed of the schedule by
the end of next week. Have the set of changes required finalized and a
schedule for release committed to by the end of next week. This
doesn't mean the update will be ready next week, but a firm schedule
will be in tact and I can then share it publicly by then. Target date
for the entire update is before the end of the year. I think that it
is possible, however it is very aggressive, and may not be met, but
that is the goal.
One MAJOR note to make, this will be an update based on V2 firmware,
not V1. It may mimic the functionality now seen in the latest Orion II
firmware release. But the main goal is stability, removing receiver
losses, etc.

Yes, we are working on several other projects at the same time that
may also be finished and made public during the timeframe of the Orion
565 and HSSB projects, but once I commit to a schedule, I will do
everything in my power to get it completed on time, with quality, and
with the customers desires in hand.

Best Regards,
John Henry
TenTec Engineering