[TenTec] Argosy 525 offset for CW ...issues

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Argosy 525 offset for CW ...issues
From: scott sheppard <scottsheppard@videotron.ca>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 15:03:59 -0500
Hello all

I am in the midst of tuning up an older argosy I recently acquired.
While I have a bit left to do, most of it is done and it is working. I
am curious if anyone has any insight into a few issues I have as yet
unresolved:

1) Offset tuning. As it stands, on SSB the rig works fine.I listen on
the same freq as I Tx without any adjustment. On CW, however, I have to
crank the offset about 2 clicks to the left for 40m, 80m etc and on CW
14 mhz, 2 clicks to the right in order to hear where I am txing.I have
looked in the manual but cant find the specific area where this would be
aligned. Obviously  a usb/lsb issue as they are identical yet oposite
offsets.

2) I also note that my low power output position, when chosen (bypasses
final PA) is significantly lower with the 8 pole filter as opposed to
the stock 4 pole. The 4 pole is about 4-5 watts out while the 8 pole is
about 2 watts.

Appreciate any feedback.

73  scott VA3IED