Re: [TenTec] Question for techies

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Question for techies
From: Hank Garretson <w6sx@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 11:58:39 -0800
On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 11:45 AM, Martin Ewing, AA6E, <
martin.s.ewing@gmail.com> wrote:

A lot of the functionality of DSP radios now come from algorithms, not
> electronics.  Those features, like DNR, NB, auto-notch, etc., are hard to
> reduce to a numerical spec.

Why?  The only specs I trust are measured specs.  Just become some gee-whiz
engineer puts an "electronic" circuit together on paper doesn't mean it will
perform as "designed."

Give me measured specs, be the rig analog, digital, or hybrid.

73,

Hank, W6SX

Mammoth Lakes, California

Elevation 8083 feet in John Muir's Range of Light