Re: [TenTec] Titan 425 Initial Tune-Up settings - high VSWR

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Titan 425 Initial Tune-Up settings - high VSWR
From: "CSM\(r\) Gary Huber" <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 11:46:15 -0600
There are no individual tuned input matching circuits on a Titan 425.
Basically the exciter drives the cathodes of of the two 3CX800A7s. The
recommended feedline between the exciter and the amplifier is a short length
of RG-58.   I have a Dow Key relay in line (to use either a CORSAIR II or
OMNI-VII as the exciter) and a Dentron W-2 (dual meter) in line to monitor
driving power and VSWR, so I use short lengths of RG-8X.

I previously replied but that email is being held until moderator review as
I attached the circuit diagram of the RF deck.

73 es DX,

Gary - AB9M