[TenTec] (no subject)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] (no subject)
From: "Phil & Debbie Salas" <dpsalas@tx.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 17:14:30 -0600
"I am considering buying an Auto ATU for use with my 300W amplifier + Orion.
I think either the MFJ 993B or the MFJ994B would fall within my financial
ability.  Has any one had experience with these and how would they perform
with RTTY or
PSK32.  Only the MFJ994B has a Manual spec for constant carrier  power -
500W
compared to 600W for CW. (Note the front panel seems to differ)
Your comments appreciated
John G4BOU"

I have a review of the MFJ-994B in the "Product Reviews" section of my
website at www.ad5x.com.  I used it for several years with my ALS-600 amp
with no problems.  However, I now use a MFJ-998 autotuner.  Excellant, and
I've used it with up to 1300 watts.  I also have most of the other MFJ
autotuners - all work well.

Phil - AD5X