Re: [TenTec] PTO Rebuild or not?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] PTO Rebuild or not?
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 11:37:58 -0600
It took me three hours from beginning to extract the PTO to being ready
to use the radio again.

When you take the drive apart work over a cafeteria tray to catch the
small balls that would otherwise roll off your work surface into the carpet.

I don't remember what I used to clean up the parts, several get replaced
so that cleaning isn't so necessary. The tentec kit comes with
adequately detailed rebuilding instructions.

Varsol, or mineral spirits, or likely grain alcohol or rubbing alcohol
will clean adequately.

73, Jerry, K0CQ