[TenTec] TITAN 425 PS maintenance

To: "TenTec Reflector" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TITAN 425 PS maintenance
From: "CSM\(r\) Gary Huber" <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 12:11:12 -0600
I see no apparent problems with my TITAN 425, but after more than 20 years of
excellent service, I thought it might be a good time to recap and bought the
HV-2 board from WD7S at http://home.earthlink.net/~wd7s/hv-2.htm .

I am looking for comments from anyone who has used this board. I am wondering
if you kept the original high voltage bridge diodes on the rectifier board
(81212) or replaced them and if so what HV you built the HV-2 board for
assuming +2500VDC as the 3CX800A7s design maximum. Also the HV-2 has two more
caps and resistors than the TT Filter board (81211) so did you use 8 or 10
caps?

Best regards,

CSM(r) Gary Huber - AB9M
9679 Heron Bay Rd