Re: [TenTec] Eagle Comparison

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Eagle Comparison
From: Steve Berg <wa9jml@tbc.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 19:04:32 -0600
Stuart, I read through the list, but it has been so many years since I
did any engineering work, I was not familiar with a lot of the
nomenclature.

One faction on this list is more competitive than I am, and so they are
largely interested in how a given radio compares to other high-end
contest oriented radios, both from Ten Tec and others like Elecraft.
But, I am interested in replacing or at least assisting my 20+ year old
Corsair II with something newer and that is still easy to use without
having to do countless adjustments through myriad levels of menus.  I
tried out an Eagle there at the factory, and was mightily impressed.
But, I have not had the time to compare one extensively with other Ten
Tec radios.  I thought that the beta testers here on the list might be
able to tell me.  And, I did get some very useful info from the request.

As it is, I got the Corsair II and the VFO back from Ten Tec this
afternoon, and after thawing them out, have had a great time making
contacts.

What impressed me about the Sherwood list was how well the Collins and
Drake receivers compare even now to the much more modern units.

73,

Steve WA9JML