Re: [TenTec] Eagle Comparison

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Eagle Comparison
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 22:42:28 -0500

On 12/8/2010 10:12 PM, Stuart Rohre wrote:

> One thing a person could do before they get a live view and hands on
> with a new radio design, is to make up a cardboard mock up and see how
> it fits your operating position.

        Yaesu published a full sized photo of the FT5000
        and when I set it on the desk, my wife exclaimed at
        how just plain huge it is and how it would swallow
        up the entire desk - and then asked if it was really
        that much better being that much bigger.

        I don't know the answer.... but it was instructive
        that she asked, I think.