Re: [TenTec] Replacment cw filter

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Replacment cw filter
From: Neal Laugman <neal.laugman@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 10:13:27 -0600
Hi Marty,

Of course there is the alternative to spend as much as the rig is

I have Inrad filters in several rigs, and I will probably get a filter
like you are looking for to fit into my Triton IV, too.

Again, if price is an issue ($125) you can get some cheap-but-
matched crystals from Dan's Small Parts and roll your own. The trick is
having them matched.

10 MHZ HC18-U PACKAGE ..... 6/$6.00

4.000 MHZ HC18-U PACKAGE ..... 6/$6.00

9.600 MHZ HC18-U PACKAGE ..... 6/$6.00

8.000 MHZ HC18-U PACKAGE .... 6/$6.00

None of these are the right frequency (9000.5 - 9000.8), but if you look
around the net you can probably find something. HTH.

Neal - NL7VL

On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 08:53:37 -0600
Marty Hartwell <mhartwe@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
> I have asked in the past if anyone has a 245 filter for the 540
> Triton IV and received no
> answers. So I am wondering if anyone in the past has built one on
> Vector board or
> ugly construction and gotten it to work? I am going to RS and see
> what might be available
> to try this, it doesn't look to complicated to me.

TenTec mailing list