[TenTec] Nifty airpax breakers

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Nifty airpax breakers
From: john <johnmb@nc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 18:57:53 -0500
Those breakers are amazing.

I've (unintentionally) placed a dead short across a line protected with a
1A fuse, (to run low power accy's such as keyers, and audio filters) that
have an Airpax breaker upstream which feeds my Paragon.  The Airpax breaker
(nominally 20A) opened before the 1A 3AG fuse opened.

Fuses are interesting beasts. Ten min looking at a fuse spec will convince
you that it's one of the mostly loosely characterized components available.
Most interesting data (like overload current vs clearing time) is rarely
tabularized but is instead noted only by a "typical operation" graph that's
usually about the size of your thumbnail with very little resolution.

The airpax unit is great. I'm glad I picked some up years ago. They're
worth the time spent to find them.

John K5MO