Re: [TenTec] Centurion 422

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Centurion 422
From: pfizenmayer <pfizenmayer2@q.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 16:20:14 -0700
If you mean 200 ma not 0.2 ma - very likely a blown transistor in the 81537
FILAMENT_AC board which has the bias regulator transistors and zener on it .

Used to be a 2N3055 and a MPSU101 - and 8.2 v zener.

Later they used a ON Semi MJ15001 instead of the 2N3055 and a MPSW42 for the
MPSU101.

I suspect you will find the 3055 shorted.

I would replace both after I am in there - only hard part is unsoldering the
big transformer wire in the eyelet on the board . Rest is easy .

You might want to check cal if there was a big enuff surge - I have had the
meters get slightly demagnetized and they read low -

Been there - done that - twice - but now have 3.3volt zeners acropss both
meters so will never happen again .

73 de hank K7HP