Re: [TenTec] Omni VII Serial Port

To: N4PY <n4py2@earthlink.net>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VII Serial Port
From: d.e.warnick@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 20:51:32 +0000 (UTC)

Carl,

Thanks very much. It's working as it should. I had run just TXD, RXD & Signal
Ground as used by the Omni VI and completely overlooked handshaking. So, I
added 2 wires to the cable and turned on the handshake in N1MM. The real crime
is that I worked in data communications for 14 years. Guess I've been retired
too long.

Anyway, thanks again very much.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours

73

Dave

WA3F