Re: [TenTec] New Eagle vs. Used Omni VII

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New Eagle vs. Used Omni VII
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 17:08:38 -0500
if I had a wish for the Omni VII that is different than built, it would be

                We all have such wishes...  mine would be for a second
                receiver, and for the audio monitor to get fixed  (i.e. to
listen
                to final audio as output, not sampled early in the audio chain.)

> Yes, I know that I could do some modification. Rewiring would be a snap.
I just don't care to drill the rear panel.

                I don't blame you for not wanting to mod the rig.   Kits I
                build, and certain inexpensive accessories I can mod, but
                drilling holes in my little $3 g black beauty... well...  I just
                cannot do that yet.    Maybe after I have it for 15 years and it
                has some battle scars and scrapes and all.... but not while it
                is still so new.

                This does not have to be logical, does it ?

>  I really do appreciate all the guys attempts to help, but pointing out a
> connection for an external keyer did not address the original premise.

                Yeah... mea culpa.   I did not know it was different from
                the front panel connection until you said that.  (he said
                removing foot from mouth.)