[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [TenTec] Electrolytic Capacitors replacements

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Electrolytic Capacitors replacements
From: Stuart Rohre <rohre@arlut.utexas.edu>
Reply-to: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2011 17:33:32 -0600
List-post: <tentec@contesting.com">mailto:tentec@contesting.com>
There are some single can caps made by a ham radio supplier. Google 
Hayseed Hamfest. But, you could find a local distributor, or use Mouser 
or Digi Key to purchase single capacitors, and use two to replace the 
can.  New state of the art ones, are smaller than the old, and two might 
fit the original can if you want to salvage its case.

Hayseed Hamfest packages capacitor kits for specific model old tube 
radios, but of course, anything of the values and voltage you need could 
be used in another radio if it fits the mounting.

Most NOS double capacitors in cans might be suspect and need reforming 
as they would be old and dried out.

-Stuart Rohre

TenTec mailing list

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>