Re: [TenTec] Vertical Dipole for 80/160m

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Vertical Dipole for 80/160m
From: Kimberly Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 13:45:52 -0800 (PST)
There's at least one company that markets vertical dipoles: Force 12. I have
their Sigma 80, which is an off-center-fed vertical dipole. It seems to work
quite well, though it doesn't do well at all on short-haul skywave paths for
obvious reasons. At one time, F12 was going to make one for 160 m, but it never
seemed to do what they wanted and, as far as I know, is not marketed. The Sigma
80 has a lot of aluminum in it and so is pretty pricey.  Anything like it for
160 might simply not make any marketable price point.

Kim Elmore N5OP