Re: [TenTec] Suggestions please

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Suggestions please
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2011 11:48:28 -0600
But the TV grade line needs help in the support department. 22 gauge
copper wires aren't strong enough to take the wind and ice load on the
flat of the insulation. I figure on punching holes every 6 or 8 inches
and feeding an insulating rope through them, probably take a turn around
one or both sides between passes through the holes to give more support
and to break up the airfoil. I might use parachute cord for that support
rope. Then tie the upper end to the center insulator and the lower end
to some sort of anchor before going to the feedthrough to get into the
shack.

73, Jerry, K0CQ