Re: [TenTec] What about antenna wire? What to buy?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] What about antenna wire? What to buy?
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 13:57:34 -0600
I've seen a few antenna questions lately in which the questioner says
he is running N watts, 100 or 200, something like that.  My advice is
to make buying decisions with no regard to power level to the extent
your purchasing funds allow.  Why?

1.  Higher power handling materials and equipment are usually better
made and will last longer.

2.  They are stronger and can handle rough conditions better.

3.  They may be more efficient and have a wider matching range in the
case of tuners.

4.  You may someday want to run more power and when the time comes the
feedline/tuner/antenna part of the station will be ready.

5.  Line losses tend to be lower with higher power capacity.

73

Rob
K5UJ