Re: [TenTec] Corsair II problem

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair II problem
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 14:33:00 -0600
The counter, display driver, and keyer are all done by a 68C05 on the
display board. It fails when the electrolytics go bad. It can also fail
from loosing power from a dirty board connection. It doesn't control any
of the radio, so everything else will work without the display, just you
don't know easily here you are tuned. History says replacing the
electrolytic or two on that board usually fixes it. Order up the lowest
ESR, highest temperature rated one from Mouser or Digi-Key to get the
longest life.

73, Jerry, K0CQ