To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VII
From: "Frankie Hunt" <fhunt@bvunet.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 09:03:29 -0500
The Omni VII is an excellent choice.

One thing to consider; If you ever consider remote operation of the Omni VII
then the built in ATU is an asset worth having.  I too use an external
antenna tuner (238C).  However, if I am away on business and want to use the
Omni VII, all I have to do is to call my wife and have her flip a couple  of
switches and I am good to go.

As a side note or two.  I have a K3.  It's a fine radio but I like the Omni
VII better.  Also if you want to delve into SDR you can do an easy mod on
the Omni VII (no soldering) and add an SDR-IQ (or softrock, or whatever) as
a 2nd receiver.

The Omni VII truly is a versatile rig!

TenTec mailing list