Re: [TenTec] WARC band crystal part numbers

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] WARC band crystal part numbers
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 17:04:27 -0600
Now that I've down loaded and studied the manual, I see. Shades of the
mixing schemes of Collins 75A, 75S, 32S, and KWM rigs as well as many a
heathkit with a tunable IF. With all the tx mixer crystals well above
the output frequency no crystal harmonics should be problems at least
not generated harmonics in the mixer if the bandpass and PA low pass
filters are working.

Just hope Tentec remembers the Delta takes different crystals than the
Omni C. I see the Delta schematic shows crystal tolerances of .001% for
the 3 rd overtone crystals that are probably series resonant. That's the
most popular mode for overtone crystals which simplifies circuits and
purchasing.

73, Jerry, K0CQ