[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [TenTec] mini coax jumpers

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] mini coax jumpers
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Reply-to: geraldj@weather.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 10:30:12 -0600
List-post: <tentec@contesting.com">mailto:tentec@contesting.com>
Its called a rocket connector from the fins after crimping. It only 
assembles by crimping on small cables. I think all the mates are PC 
board mount. Amphenol is one maker though they tend to not be in 
distributor catalogs. They are used for RF connections in many rice 
boxes too. I don't think there is a hand crimper, but I've been able to 
buy single ended cables from Tentec parts fairly reasonably for 
replacements and for test cables.

73, Jerry, K0CQ

On 1/29/2011 10:04 AM, Barry N1EU wrote:
> I've got a coupla questions about the mini coax jumpers used in the Omni 6
> and many radios.  Please see: http://n1eu.com/minicoax.jpg
> 1. What is the proper name for that connector?
> 2. Is there any way to extend a cable for test purposes?  Is there a
> female-female connector that would join two of these together?
> Thanks&  73,
> Barry N1EU
> _______________________________________________
TenTec mailing list

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>