[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [TenTec] mini coax jumpers

To: <geraldj@weather.net>, "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] mini coax jumpers
From: "Stephen Cannon" <sugar_bears_home@yahoo.com>
Reply-to: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 14:09:29 -0700
List-post: <tentec@contesting.com">mailto:tentec@contesting.com>
I think a more correct term for that connector is the "Taiko Denki TMP
plug".   The following link provides detailed information about the plug and
the jacks that are available for it.

Stephen AD7TD
-----Original Message-----
From: Dr. Gerald N. Johnson

Its called a rocket connector from the fins after crimping. It only
assembles by crimping on small cables. I think all the mates are PC board
mount. Amphenol is one maker though they tend to not be in distributor
catalogs. They are used for RF connections in many rice boxes too. I don't
think there is a hand crimper, but I've been able to buy single ended cables
from Tentec parts fairly reasonably for replacements and for test cables.

73, Jerry, K0CQ

On 1/29/2011 10:04 AM, Barry N1EU wrote:
> I've got a coupla questions about the mini coax jumpers used in the 
> Omni 6 and many radios.  Please see: http://n1eu.com/minicoax.jpg
> 1. What is the proper name for that connector?
> 2. Is there any way to extend a cable for test purposes?  Is there a 
> female-female connector that would join two of these together?
> Thanks&  73,
> Barry N1EU

TenTec mailing list

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>