[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [TenTec] mini coax jumpers

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] mini coax jumpers
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Reply-to: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 21:12:35 +0000
List-post: <tentec@contesting.com">mailto:tentec@contesting.com>
Thanks guys!

Anybody happen to have two sockets lying around or alternately a 14in or
longer cable with a TMP plug on one end?

Thanks & 73,
Barry N1EU

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 9:09 PM, Stephen Cannon

> Jerry,
> I think a more correct term for that connector is the "Taiko Denki TMP
> plug".   The following link provides detailed information about the plug
> and
> the jacks that are available for it.
> http://www.taiko-denki.co.jp/english/products/usage/appli/204.html
> Stephen AD7TD
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Dr. Gerald N. Johnson
> Its called a rocket connector from the fins after crimping. It only
> assembles by crimping on small cables. I think all the mates are PC board
> mount. Amphenol is one maker though they tend to not be in distributor
> catalogs. They are used for RF connections in many rice boxes too. I don't
> think there is a hand crimper, but I've been able to buy single ended
> cables
> from Tentec parts fairly reasonably for replacements and for test cables.
> 73, Jerry, K0CQ
> On 1/29/2011 10:04 AM, Barry N1EU wrote:
> > I've got a coupla questions about the mini coax jumpers used in the
> > Omni 6 and many radios.  Please see: http://n1eu.com/minicoax.jpg
> >
> > 1. What is the proper name for that connector?
> > 2. Is there any way to extend a cable for test purposes?  Is there a
> > female-female connector that would join two of these together?
> >
> > Thanks&  73,
> > Barry N1EU
> _______________________________________________
> TenTec mailing list
> TenTec@contesting.com
> http://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/tentec
TenTec mailing list

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>