[TenTec] OT Kind of. ?? about wide band antennas

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] OT Kind of. ?? about wide band antennas
From: Paul <hglent@frii.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 16:10:32 -0500
I have been asked a question about why the diameter of the conductor of
antenna effects the band width.

This question came up while in a discussion with a guy that had built a
80 meter dipole out of a semi ridged copper tubing 1/2 diameter.  One of
the newer hams in the discussion was very curious and interested in the
subject.

I remember learning about this many years ago, but was totally unable to
enplane the subject.  I know this group is the best repository of
knowledge.  So your feed back is greatly appreciated.  I will forward
your replies onto the interested ham.

Thanks,

Paul K.
WA0BAG