[TenTec] audio on Omni-VI+

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] audio on Omni-VI+
From: yash@aol.com
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 09:31:37 -0500
 Have been using my ,new to me ,Omni VI+ for a few weeks,like the rig,hard to
fault for a 10+ year old rig. I have one problem that I would like to change.
The audio quality. In stock form the rig sounds "nasally" to me ,constricted
and choppy. I installed the Inrad audio kit ,2 caps and 1 resister,it made a
nice change in the quality of the audio. I noticed that INrad also mentions
changing the OEM 6 MHz filter with a #755 of their design. Has anyone done this
filter change? Is there another route to getting the audio sounding full and
clean with this rig? Other than the audio the VI+ is great.
thanks
dale wt4t