[TenTec] CorsairII notch potentiometer

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] CorsairII notch potentiometer
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 12:58:52 +0000
Neil,

For some reason I'm not receiving list postings via my email - only just
found your response on the web archive for the list.

This is a "spare" Corsair I bought very cheaply a year or so ago. I only
just noticed the pot was very noisy. After rotating it back and forth a
few times to "clear" it, it stopped working altogether apart from the
first 30 degrees or so of rotation. Ohm meter confirmed that the rear
section was going O/C and upsetting the DC conditions around the filter.

I just pulled the board and pot out, and I measure the good gang as a
220k log. I tracked down a replacement locally which I hope will fit
physically. I'll let you know how it goes.

Incidentally I've just completed the N4YG DDS mod on this radio and am
very pleased with the results.

Steve G3TXQ