Re: [TenTec] CorsairII notch potentiometer

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] CorsairII notch potentiometer
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 11:19:13 -0600
Bummer. I had hoped for a better fit because the description said a
quarter inch shaft and the drawing showed a 3/8" bushing with the
quarter inch shaft. So I guess I won't order from Maplin.

My scheme of shunt loading a linear pot probably isn't a lot better than
the log pot, needing to be reverse log. Maybe using a series resistor on
the wiper of would band spread the HF end better.

Mouser offers a compact dual section linear pot that might make wiring
easier.

73, Jerry, K0CQ