[TenTec] Antenna follow up- asked for help in January- need more help...

To: TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Antenna follow up- asked for help in January- need more help.....
From: tom stewart <xring97015@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 16:17:20 -0800
OK,

Many came to my aid when I asked for suggestions. I made some choices and
built an antenna. I tried hard to maintain spacing and avoid metal by at
least a foot. It did not come out well so I need help. Here are the details
if anyone has some suggestions I would be grateful-again.

1. Purchase "Ladder Snap" spreaders to build 600 ohm feeder.

2. Purchased plenty of 14 gauge THHN wire.

3. Because of room constraints, the legs of my inverted Vee are 31 feet.
Center is 35 feet high and the legs end at about twenty feet.

4. Legs to feeder is continuous- feeder is 45 feet from center  and
terminated by grounded shield coax through window pane(vinyl).

5. Tuner is for now an MFJ balanced- model 974-I think.

6. reactance is high on all bands. It will only tune up on 14MHZ.  tuner
arcs if I persist at 7mhz

7. readings with antenna analyzer are as follows:

Readings are at the bottom of the bands beacause I operate CW only.

7.020mhz       r57       x158      swr 10.0

10.110mhz     r168     x 135     swr 6.0

14.020           r21        x58       swr 7.5

18.075          r20        x70        swr9.1

Thanks in advance- I know it is difficult to say with this limited
information but I am at my wits end- about 10 hours into this

Tom N7ESE