Re: [TenTec] Antenna follow up- asked for help in January- need more hel

To: <geraldj@weather.net>, "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Antenna follow up- asked for help in January- need more help.....
From: "Rick - NJ0IP / DJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 16:43:13 -0500
Gerry, this is what MFJ states in its manual:

"Maximum tuner efficiency is achieved with the most capacitance (settings
closest to 0) and the least possible
inductance (higher letters of the alphabet). This efficiency translates into
best power handling, broadest
bandwidth, and least power loss. The goal is always to operate the tuner at
the lowest Q for the LC
(inductance/capacitance) circuit."

I was a bit confused about the antenna matching well at 7.025 but dips at
7.500.
You should get it to dip at any frequency, but of course you might get some
dips better than others.
The problem is, the C's do not have a vernier, so it is sometimes REAL
sensitive when tuning.
That's why I put larger knobs on mine.  Made it easier to fine-tune.

Rick