Re: [TenTec] Herc II power connector troubles

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Herc II power connector troubles
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 14:33:03 -1000
> played with it, got it to work with a stick holding up the
> cable from the 9420 ''just so...''. As I will be opening up the Herc
> II after the contest to fix things
You are asking for trouble continuing to operate it without a thorough
inspection of the connector contacts, to make sure you do not have
partially mating contacts, heating, arcing. You may have an intermittent
problem now that could be easily repaired, and turn it into a major
meltdown that will require much more work and parts cost.

DE N6KB