Re: [TenTec] Looking for Argosy OPTIONS

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Looking for Argosy OPTIONS
From: "Neal Laugman" <neal.laugman@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 13:04:51 -0600
On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 11:20:07 -0600, JoshL <xxhound@gmail.com> wrote:

> seek to buy :
>
> Model 224 audio CW filter for ARGOSY 525
> Model 223 noise blanker

Sorry I missed you last week. You will have a hard time finding either of
those items. I understand that the noise blanker circuit probably has less
value than its front panel switch  -  but that's just what I've read. As
for a suitable replacement CW filter, any Ten-Tec 9.0 mhz filter with 200
ohms in & out will work. The INRAD 400 hz filter is great in the radio
($$!), but the INRAD 250 hz filter has way too much insertion loss and is
not the filter for that rig.

One thing you might consider is an 8-pole 2.4 khz SSB filter to replace
the 4-pole. It makes a heck of a difference, and if you have the audio
active CW filter option, performance is acceptable with those two working
together for CW. That could get you by until you found something to go
into that pesky empty crystal filter slot.

--
  Neal, NL7VL