Re: [TenTec] Corsair11 serial numbers

To: wb5jnc@centurytel.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair11 serial numbers
From: Greg S <oldlongbeard@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 18:55:23 -0800 (PST)
S/N's  01612 and 01895 here .... with the 580 in front. I am using one I
recently bought with "bad" finals. Strange... I decided to try it on the air
real quick before I sold it (telling buyer the finals are bad), and lo and
behold, it puts out near 100W ...even on 10M. I think that's OK. I usually run
30W, and turn on the Solid State amp if more is needed. Only thing that makes
me wonder a bit is, she draws just under 1 ampere when in receive with signal,
and volume at listening level, and it jumps to about 2.1 amperes when PTT is
engaged in SSB, with no modulation. That seems a little high?? There is no
output showing on the watt meter, so ... hmmm... maybe that's about normal, and
they have many more QSO's in them!

Great list, guys and gals.

73-
Greg Schippers, KC8HXO