Re: [TenTec] Corsair11 serial numbers

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair11 serial numbers
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 08:01:33 -0600
Not many power stages are turned off in the receiver, and 2.1 amps isn't
far out of line for several transmitter stages with idling current in
the driver and PA stages, needed for linearity. But page 3-24 of the on
line manual says the driver collector idling current should be between 3
and 8 ma and the PA idling current should be 1/2 amp, and total current
under 1.5 amps. So maybe the bias needs adjusting by the procedures on
that manual page.

73, Jerry, K0CQ