[TenTec] Corsair11 serial numbers / speaker replacement

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair11 serial numbers / speaker replacement
From: Don Rasmussen <wb8yqj@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 12:38:08 -0800 (PST)
It seems a safe assumption given my examples here that the digits that preceed
the letter in the C2 serial number can be disregarded. The Motorola IC chips
are date stamped:

C2 Serial# 04A10579 - 8839 which would be the 39th week of 1988

C2 Serial# 90A10149 - 8923 which would be the 23rd week of 1989

Serno 04A10579 has the QSK RCA jacks so that would fit that it is later in
production. I am still not certain if the "9" at the end of each serial
indicates TenTec manufacture of 1990, but I know that to be the indicator for
OMNI 6 and other Ten Tecs from that period.

Anyone that has removed the bottom cover for Corsair has stressed the speaker
or pulled the connection off completely.

Too much leverage in there, too little warning. ;-)

I searched far and wide on the internet for the precise size, found a photo -
but no part number! This speaker is only used when I am working on the radio.
Also I needed a little more headroom between the speaker magnet and the DDS
replacement board for the PTO, so we marched to Fry's and laid out a grand
total of $2.49 for a new round speaker. I have servo mounting tape (double
sided, thin, permanent) from the hobby store and the smallest amount attached
that speaker in there - even though 2 of the mounting holes matched. The one
downside is with the stock arrangment the speaker can be unbolted for service,
the tape is permanent.

Re: [TenTec] Corsair11 serial numbers
from [Don Rasmussen] [Permanent Link][Original]