Re: [TenTec] My Omni C Saga.

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] My Omni C Saga.
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 17:11:23 -0600
An extra high idling current doesn't mean instant disaster it just means
extra PA transistor heat and probably actually better linearity than the
rated current. Setting idling current for an amplifier is always a trade
off between linearity and power dissipation with no signal. In a
transistor, running hotter can lead to a shorter lifetime.

73, Jerry, K0CQ