[TenTec] OT: USB to Serial interface

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] OT: USB to Serial interface
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 20:39:39 -0600
I have recently noticed that one of my USB-to-serial converters is
misbehaving. It's a no-name unit that uses a Prolific chipset and has
served well for years. It is the one I use for PTT control of my
RigBlaster.  After the system boots, every 15 s I get two very quick
"dits." If I move it to another USB port, the problem vanishes. The
three other identical units I have seem to be fine. I've ordered new
USB-to-serial units but they have yet to arrive.

Has anyone ever noticed anything like this on their units? Is this
just another failure mode for these things?

Kim Elmore  N5OP

TenTec mailing list