[TenTec] Jupiter

To: TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter
From: Roger Rippy <svtincup@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 11:26:24 -0700 (PDT)
The purpose of this post is to get some feedback
from hams who have had or used both an Omni VII
and a Jupiter. The difference in cost is significant
but I do not see a lot of difference in basic
specifications. Both are 100 watt rigs; both have
split VFOs and work split;both have full QSK;
both have a range of filters; the Jupiter has a
decoder on screen and keyboard interface; and
so I wonder where the big cost difference comes
from. I am considering a new rig and cost is a
factor. I am sure there is a big difference, but
I have not had the privilege of operating either.
Tnxs. I will get back to the Russian DX Test. 73s
Rip   Bozeman, MT  W7RIP