Re: [TenTec] Corsair II DDS VFO

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair II DDS VFO
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 18:53:54 +0000
Readout accuracy is entirely dependent on the Corsair's "native" counter
board; VFO frequency stability is entirely dependent on the DDS
reference oscillator.

What the DDS does *not* have is the 10kHz offset to compensate for the
offset in the band xtals on 30m, 15m and 10m. That means if you set the
tuning to exactly 3,500kHz on 80m and then switch to 30m, say, the
readout will be 9,990kHz. That's no big deal for me - the dial skirt
becomes irrelevant when using the DDS; in fact I've removed mine. It's
the rightmost Corsair here:

http://www.karinya.net/g3txq/shack/op.jpg

If I'm honest, the only thing I miss is the Spot function - the Spot
button is now used for A/B/Split switching.

73,
Steve G3TXQ