Re: [TenTec] 565 and VOX

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 565 and VOX
From: "John T. Fleming" <john@w3gqj.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 22:32:39 -0400
Jeff,

I have experienced trouble with the connector between the processor board
and the front panel board. If you look at the V2 mod documentation, your
will see the long row of pins which are behind the row of buttons starting
with "MENUS". I learned that if I apply pressure along the slopped area
between the buttons and the display, it seems to exercise the connector
enough to clear any oxidation. Give it a try and see if it helps. It is much
easier that removing the front panel and cleaning the row of pins and
connectors.

It may not be the solution to your problem, but is an easy first step to
try. Have you also tried the VFOB LCK reset. It is like removing the
internal battery and forcing the rig to completely reload the microcode.
After you do it, be sure to power the rig off and on.

73,
John