Re: [TenTec] Titanic Special Event Station - TenTec Eagle Pigeon Forge T

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Titanic Special Event Station - TenTec Eagle Pigeon Forge TN
From: Thomas <ac7a@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 13:57:43 -0400
The revised frequency plan that John, wb4qda, provided only included
frequencies where SSB is normally operated. See his message below.

I had listened for the W4S operation on the original published CW frequency,
14.060 MHz, and never heard it. I had my Eagle set up for 5W and had hoped to
do an Eagle-to-Eagle CW QSO with the operation. I usually don't operate phone
so working them on SSB was not something I would have pursued.

The W0S operation from Branson, MO, was coming in loud in clear on CW and I
easily worked them with the Eagle set up as described.

'73, Thomas - AC7A (Tucson)

> Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 06:30:36 -0700
> From: wb4qda@yahoo.com
> To: tentec@contesting.com
> Subject: Re: [TenTec] Titanic Special Event Station - TenTec Eagle Pigeon
Forge TN

> For those that cant find the W4S station. I just copied this off of QSZ.  The
> Titanic W4S Special Event The frequencies are different  On April the 9th and
> 10th at the Titanic Exhibit in Pigeon Forge TN we will be having a special
event
> for the 99th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic, we will be setting up
> several stations provided by TenTec Manufacturing using the new Eagle HF rig,
> and equipment provided by several other manufacturers that will be involved
> in
> the International Event .You can check more info out at www.470arg.com/cms/ .
We
> should have a webcam setup to also watch us and check in with us.
> Hope that you will join us on the event Frequencies will be in the following
> area's on the bands, 3.760 & 3.850, 7.152 & 7.225, 14.250, 28.400, this may
vary