[TenTec] ooops!

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] ooops!
From: "Art Trampler" <atrampler@att.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 21:09:00 -0500
The joys of getting old?

I went to tune my 425 and had the Pegasus output set for 20 watts.

Well, I forgot to check the output when using the ?Tune? button, and that
was 100 watts. There was a loud pop (not a snap, mind you) in the RF deck
and the main fuses blew. Just in case, I replaced the fuses and as soon as I
hit any drive, the same ?pop? and blown fuses.

I would say the fault occurred about one second into the overdrive. I
couldn?t get the mouse on the button quickly enough to prevent it.

So what?s the consensus? Tubes only? Or do I look for something else as
well?

Thanks,

Art

Art Trampler, KØRO