[TenTec] Corsair II DDS VFO Replacement

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair II DDS VFO Replacement
From: Greg S <oldlongbeard@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 17:06:24 -0700 (PDT)
Well, I have it completed. The N4YG DDS VFO replacement "kit" now resides in my
Corsair II. I had a few "bumps" along the road, but Joe was ever the gentleman,
and walked me through them, and I love the final results. I like having the
VFOA and VFOB capability, and the ability to switch between them, or operate
split at the touch of a button. I also REALLY like the variable tuning
speed.... the faster you turn the knob, the faster the frequency changes. There
is a small amount of drift in the 1st minute or two, as my shack is quite cool
(60 Degrees,), but after that, she seems rock stable. I would encourage anyone
interested in adding these features to their Corsair II, to give Joe's  "kit" a
look. This kit could be installed in many of the PTO rigs, but you may have to
come up with some other implementations for indicator lights. I actually enjoy
rebuilding the old PTO's, but I don't see myself changing back!!

73-
Greg Schippers, KC8HXO