[TenTec] FS: Omni-D Series B (needs minor work)

To: TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] FS: Omni-D Series B (needs minor work)
From: Al Gulseth <wb5jnc@centurytel.net>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 20:53:06 -0500
Due to an upcoming project at work it appears that ham "tinker time" will be
deceasing considerably for the forseeable future. Therefore I've decided that
rather than let the Omni-D in the subject line sit around till "who knows
when" I'd see if anyone on the list is interested in it.

I picked it up at at hamfest a couple of years ago; from my understanding it
came from a SK. I suspect it had been sitting for a while as the PTO is very
stiff, and the tens digit on the display is "now you see it now you don't." I
suspect the problem is a cold solder joint or connector as tapping on the
display bezel will sometimes make it flicker. Other than that it puts out RF
into a dummy load (I haven't tried it on the air due to the PTO issue), and
right now it's hooked up to an indoor antenna and reading the mail on 20 CW.
Cosmetically it has various small nicks and scratches typical for its age
(mostly on the handle) but does not appear to have been mistreated.

Rig does not have any optional filters. Asking $150 shipped CONUS. Pics and
more info on request.

Would probably be a good candidate for a DDS VFO transplant....

TNX/73, Al