Re: [TenTec] The Eagle

To: Jim WA9YSD <wa9ysd@yahoo.com>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] The Eagle
From: Dave Humbertson <w3np@atlanticbb.net>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 18:33:10 -0400
  Yes, the front panel of the Eagle is identical in size and styling to
my HF version Argonaut V model 516. The Eagle may be slightly deeper but
does not have the heatsink on the rear as is the case with the 516, so
very little difference there. I believe the tuning knob is the same
except for the rubber ring fitted on the Eagle - I need to check that
out and perhaps get one.  I had my friend's Eagle here in the station
this past week. It has a much better receiver than the Argonaut V and of
course can do 100 watts along with 6 meters and his had the ATU built-in.

Dave - W3NP