Re: [TenTec] paralleling power supplies to run Herc II

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] paralleling power supplies to run Herc II
From: Carl Winkles <jcwinks@att.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 07:09:10 -0700 (PDT)
I have used one of those capacitors for Field Day using a 100 watt rig and a
battery with a battery booster. It seems to work although I don't know how to
test it. You have to be careful to charge up the cap before you connect it or
the battery will see almost a dead short for a moment. I have not tried it with
a Herc II and I think with a stout, regulated supply it would not  be necessary.

Carl, K4SEV