Re: [TenTec] corsair II display

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] corsair II display
From: "Jerry Haigwood" <jerry@w5jh.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 22:08:57 -0500
Hello Dave,
    I have been working with AADE to develop a display to replace the
display in the Corsair II ( it should also work on the Corsair).  WA9Z, Jim,
has actually completed installing the AADE into his Corsair II.  Basically
it requires you to remove the front panel, remove the old display and logic
board, do some cutting on the box that holds the display, install the AADE
display, glue the 4 LED along the top of the display into the front panel,
re-mount the board that controls those 4 LEDs, and finally put everything
back together.  It is not a job for the appliance operator but it is not all
that hard.  Being able to fix my own radio is one reason I purchased my
Corsair II.  Jim documented his fix with a few pictures.  Either he  or I
will be putting up a web page about the fix.
    Before you start replacing the current display, tell us what it is or is
not doing.
Jerry W5JH